SEARCH MARKETING – SEO and SEM
Search Marketing is the process of acquiring traffic or customers via search engines such as Google, Bing, Yahoo and others.
It involves two disciplines: SEO (search engine optimization) and SEM (search engine marketing).
- SEO focuses on acquiring customers via visibility in natural/organic search results.
- SEM focuses on acquiring customers by placing paid ads on search result pages.
What is Search Engine Optimization (SEO)?
SEO is the active practice of optimizing a web site by improving internal and external aspects in order to increase the traffic the site receives from search engines.
Google recommend the following to get better rankings in their search engine:
- Make pages primarily for users, not for search engines.
- Don’t deceive your users or present different content to search engines than you display to users, which is commonly referred to as cloaking.
- Make a site with a clear hierarchy and text links.
- Every page should be reachable from at least one static text link.
- Create a useful, information-rich site, and write pages that clearly and accurately describe your content.
- Make sure that your <title> elements and ALT attributes are descriptive and accurate.
- Keep the links on a given page to a reasonable number (fewer than 100).
How SEO increases your sales
High search engine rankings are the perfect way to get more website visitors, more customers and more sales. Having high search engine rankings is the key to the success of your online business:
Your customers use search engines
Most Internet users find new website through search engines. SEO makes sure that customers find your website instead of the sites of your competitors.
Search engine users are some of the most qualified and motivated visitors that your website can have. They have taken the initiative to hunt for online resources on a certain topic. And then they clicked your link to learn more.
Why do you have to optimize your web pages?
If you do not optimize your web pages, then they won’t get high rankings on Google and other search engines.
Not all websites can have high rankings
There are billions of web pages on the Internet. It’s obvious that not all of them can be listed on the first result page on Google. Search engines only list web pages that they find relevant to a special keyword. You must make sure that your website is such a site.
Your website should appear on the first result page
Most searchers never look further than page one. 75% of searchers never look further than page one. For that reason, search engine optimization is crucial if you want to be successful with your website.
The Venta SEO approach
Our way is to treat SEO as a crucial part of your overall Marketing strategy (Online and Offline) and ensure that it works with and supplements your other activities – aimed at growing your business.
As each customer has different requirements and expectations for their online activities we will take the time to find out all about your company and its products/services before we make any suggestions to you.
However, the main stages remain the same; it’s just the amount and depth of work that changes for each project. We will offer you different SEO packages to suit your aspirations and budget.
Stage 1 - Research and Analysis
The keywords that we select for you are one of the most important factors that will influence the overall success of your web site.
So we will start by brainstorming some words and phrases with you and then use numerous online tools to research the best keywords for your site in terms of competition, ranking, traffic and difficulty.
A final Keyword list (the number depending on the SEO package required) will then be agreed with you and used in the next stages.
Stage 2 – On Page Optimization
This process is carried out at the start of the project using all the information gained in the initial research phase.
- Content Optimization
- Image Optimization
- HTML Code Optimization
- Meta tag Creation –Title, H1, Keyword, Description
- HTML Sitemap Creation
- Google XML Sitemap Creation – regularly updated
- Google Analytics Setup
- Robots txt Optimization
- RSS Feed Generation
Stage 3 – Off Page & Social Media Marketing
These are the different tasks that are manually carried out on a monthly basis to get your site to the highest possible positions on all the agreed search engines over a prolonged period of time – this does not happen overnight. You really need to commit to a minimum of 6 months to get sustainable, ethical results on Google.
- Search Engines Submission
- Relevant Directory submission
- Niche Directory Submission
- Link Building & Link Exchange
- Social Bookmarking Adverts
- Social Networking Profiles
- Article Creation & Submission
- Press Release Creation & Distribution
- Blog Creation, Updating and Promotion
- Forum Posting
- Classified Ad Creation & Posting
- RSS Feed Submission
- Video Promotion (from video provided by client)